What model should I buy ? This is the easiest and cheapest question to the answer initially – NOTHING .
- Best thing to do is first download the BMFA Flying start which will give you a clear insight as to how to get started and what to expect when you arrive at the flying site.
- Contact us and arrange a visit, you will see many different types of aircraft and power unit.
- Take up our offer of a trial flight using our clubs equipment; you only need to bring yourself
- After the trial flight talk to your instructor you will be in a much better position to know what to buy and where to buy from and purchase the right equipment and model.,
- Decide if our club and sport is for you and do want to join RMFC we have a 3 month invitation membership costing £20 which gives you a low cost period before committing to full membership
- Join the BMFA who provide insurance in the event of any mishaps
- What make of transmitter should I buy as this is very important
Mode 1 (Throttle right ) or Mode 2 (Throttle left ) Retford more of our trainers teach via Mode 1
- RMFC club instructors will help you through every stage of learning to fly
- When you are ready for the BMFA ” A” Achievment test we have examiners in the club
So you have made your decision
First of all book your trial flight and come down to Leverton for a cuppa tea and enjoy your first flight.
- You can come along for 3 trial flights before invitation membership application ,this gives you 3 months limited membership of the club.
- RMFC has a limited number of mode 2 trainers the majority being mode 1 , but it’s your choice. Which radio – Spectrum – Futaba – or another make.
- The next choice is IC or electric again the choice is in your hands.
- Join the BMFA is easy this can be arranged via the club secretary
- Read article 16 and complete then complete the CAA competency which has to completed and past before any fly can commence.
- Our trainers are all highly experienced so ask them as to what to purchase, good advice could save a lot of money so you get it right first time. You will use a buddy lead system so your club trainer person will be in overall control to help keep your investment safe, but accidents do happen.
- RMFC has the BMFA approved & club trainers to get you airborne
- Next stage is gaining solo status still with the help of a trainer
- The BMFA achievement scheme “A “can be under taken with our club by our own BMFA examiners
Please contact our training manager to arrange a trial flight
818 total views, 1 views today